PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO course
Thread: ICAO course
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 21:18
Ex Servant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just completed my C&G advanced ops course. For the first year I went through East Surrey and for the retake of one paper this year I used my previous years tutor who now has his own training company. I would thoroughly recommend you contact Mr C at [email protected] or see www.catsflying.fsnet.co.uk/training
Mr C is an aviation pro with experience he will tell you about, PPL with ratings and CAA approved instructor. If you don't learn from him you won't from anyone. His training is entertaining as well as highly informative. As a result of his tuition I gained two distinctions, two credits and a pass to get all five papers. The only thing he couldn't do was get me a job at the end of it! He will let you know if he hears of anything though. He can also arrange retakes later in the year if required, East Surrey only hold exams once a year. My experience of ES was that the organisation was very poor. It took several phone calls just to find out when and where the course was being held as a result of which I missed the first six weeks of the course.
The C&G course may not yet be as up to date as the ICAO course but it's an awful lot cheaper if you're just starting out and looking for your first position. I've been looking for a year and still haven't got anywhere. As a result of 9/11 there are an awful lot of experienced people out there looking for a job who rightfully get first choice.