PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Looks To Improve International Product
Old 24th Jan 2011, 02:36
1a sound asleep

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a huge list of things QF can do. Here's a start to my list.

1. Stop being so LHR focused. Pax will not fly 2/3 stops to XX when EK operate with one stop.
2. Get the tourism authority in Drawin to back a Darwn hub and operate flights to European cities from Darwin nonstop.
3. Achieve a max 10 year average life on International Fleet. Get back to the 80's and turn a/c over whilst they have resale value. Over $1billion was spent in fuel on the 744 versus a 777 fleet (which they never had)
4. Offer flexible route/stopover ticketing. Many Asian/Middle eastern airlines will allow pax to stopover on route at no charge, NOT QF.
5. Sharpen up the trolly dollies. PAX are customers not an interuption to their friigin' on board social life
6. Revisit luggage limits. Many pax are taking EK for a 30kg luggage limit.
7. More special liveries to make QF less dull and boring
8. Start being more aware of every competitor and why pax are not flying QF instead of sticking the head in the feeding trough
9. Far more creative code sharing/joint ventures. QF on its own is a pathetic excuse. Travel agents are selling other airlines because QF doesn't offer through fares code share to many destinations
10. Pay me $500k a year and I will sort the rest out