PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A plea to BA ground staff
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 00:25
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please, please, please remember that the money we have paid for our fares goes to pay your salaries. Please, please, please remember that we (the passengers) are the sole reason you (the ground handling staff) are in work and earning money.
I'm not ground crew, but last time a passenger (he was rather .... rude, to put it mildly) said " I pay your wages" to me, I laughed it off and told the Captain the story while serving him his tea; minutes later, a "ding dong" in the cabin was heard so off I go to answer the flight deck's call. Only for the Captain to tell me that he's been calculating the said pax's contribution to my wages/year. After taking into consideration (all in average) price and profit of/on (not in a particular order): fuel/landing fees/catering/ parking fees/ ticket price/ pax charge (is it 10 euros in DUB these days?)/ crew salary/ number of pax ( he mentioned a lot of figures and fees - really clever guy, miss flying with him), turns out that a pax's contribution towards my wages was, at the time, exactly 17pence. So he called me into the flight deck, gave me a 20p coin and asked me to give it to said pax as a full refund of his contributions towards my wages with Captain's compliments!

Let me make one thing clear. YOU don't pay our wages. You merely contribute towards our wages, if that... Put it this way, you pay for an airline ticket, I'm crew on board, by purchasing your ticket you contribute towards my wages and so on...
BUT! As I get off the aircraft, I pay to rent your car/ buy a ticket to ride the bus you're driving/ pay tax to the council and you're a public servant/ pay tax to the NHS and you're a paramedic/ and i could go and on and on and ON!

Don't be such a patronizing little so and so... We ALL pay each others wages, somehow.

Quote:
May I ask which company you work for, Chuchinchow?
You most certainly may, KBPsen. I work for myself.
Good for you, with your attitude business must be blooming!