PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Jan 2011, 00:04
Jipperty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IA 4

In the light of the news that BASSA have voted for further IA and having just booked club world flights to South America between 17th & 24th Feb can I please request to the BASSA leadership that these dates are included in the planned strike action.

The 3 strike days I flew on last year were the best of all my trips ever on BA. There was a real sense of team spirit and siege mentality with all parties pulling to achieve the same objective. The strike breaking CC & VCC were superb and the banter was great.

In contrast I flew back from SIN just before Xmas and was served by 3 very miserable and matronly CC who appeared to be long past their sell by date. Might I say whilst a bit of grey hair visible on the flight deck serves to inspire confidence it does not achieve the same effect in the cabin.

The impact of IA 1, 2 & 3 was negligible and decreasing to long haul and for IA 4 I expect it will not be noticed.

Some I have spoken to tell me that the Yes vote was added to by those with no intention to strike but with a desire to expose the small minority of hard core so BA can deliver their medicine accurately.

It will be interesting to watch this closely now as the end game looks to be very near.