PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 23:59
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN is doing well, BA's departure is BA's loss.
And we finally here the words of where is all comes from...

I'm a stark MAN supporter. It's my local major airport and that that I use mostly. I too have been lucky to have been to many destinations across the world on dozens of airlines via many airports.

My point is that whatever we say about Heathrow, whether it builds world class terminals or opens a dozen runways making it the easiest airport in the world to transfer through - while BA rule in London, people on here will not let it drop and those words above pretty much clear it up.

Some people want to fly via DXB, others DOH or maybe AMS. But people on here have to accept that people do want to fly via LHR from MAN.

The fact that Emirates are showing just how many people do not want
to fly from Londinium should be a lesson to more airlines.
Complete and utter tripe. DXB vs LHR takes into account so many factors it's almost impossible to compare the two routes to the Middle/Far East/Australasia. Price, schedules, availability, airports, personal preference, airports, cost, transfers, previous experience, word of mouth, reputation etc. etc. You cannot say that because people are flying with Emirates that they don't want to fly via LHR.

[quote]
Hand all the passengers over to Paris,Frankfurt and Amsterdam - no benefit to the country as a whole having London as a mega-port.
[quote]

And I'm thick? How on earth is it no benefit to the country?

Losing potential business to a competitor is always a loss to any country whether it happens in London, Manchester, Bristol or Newcastle. Remember this country operates a big pot in which all the money goes into and London is definitely an exporter of money to the regions whether we like it or not.

Is it so hard to understand that without expanding the likes of CDG, FRA and AMS have potential capacity here and now. I would love more than anything for MAN to grow massively as a benefit of London's lack of resources. But it just isn't going to happen. There is so much more for companies to go to London for than Manchester. The BBC has moved some offices to Manchester and there is major investment in the city but it's going to take time. London needs capacity now. MPs see this, economists see this, businesses see this - why can't you? Or are they all thick too?

It really is very simple - even I can understand it and I'm thick! More business means more jobs, more jobs means more people have more money, many of those with more disposable income(stop me I'm getting dizzy!) for which they will spend within our economy. How is that not good news?

Clearly you cannot comprehend.
I was saying that having a choice is better than being
forced to fly through London - why do you not
understand that ?
At what point did you say that?

This subject is nothing to do with outbound MAN passengers. This all started about inbound passengers using BHX to access London. It was then asked why BHX was blowing hot air and not MAN.

As soon as someone mentions the word 'London' on this thread, BA automatically comes up and is immediately condemned because they made a business decision to focus on their main hub down south.

Britain - open for business, as long as you don't want to expand in the world city...