PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 20:13
baggersup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading Mr. Holley's latest missive elsewhere exhorting the "no" voters to leave the union made me wonder (as others are on the thread) why on earth he would suggest a move that might get BASSA derecognized through low membership. On the face of it it sounds utterly barmy.

But for a sec putting myself in Mr. Holley's shoes, perhaps I'd do the same at this point. He may be smart enough now to see what's ahead.

So, given how wrapped up his ego and life are in this "mission" he has as the leader....does he sit by, let natural forces already in motion take place, another failed strike, more leaving the union in a trickle, until his tenure is up. At which point, perhaps a smart, vital and strong leader comes to the fore, leading BASSA into the future with success and wisdom--doing a 180 degrees and everybody hailing this success in his/her cooperation with BA and ehancing members' working lives?

At that point the collective saying everywhere, "thank gawd that DH guy is gone! What a complete shower HE was!" Something tells me DH does not want that legacy. Is he capable of destroying the organization altogether to keep this from happening? Does he feel that BASSA is so much his own baby that if he goes...it has to go?

Or....does DH think, given all is pretty much lost at this point, let's move as quickly as possible to get BASSA derecognized by BA with mass resignations, so I can reign over the end of BASSA and paint it as the fault of BA, demonize the airline to the nth degree on the way down, and everybody will always remember that BA destroyed BASSA, not me.

If I were DH at this point, I'd certainly be going for the latter scenario, not the former, if I had his mindset.

The simple silliness of telling more than 1500 dues paying members to leave your union now otherwise doesn't make much sense.