PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air career progression
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 13:28
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Che, I think 40&80 puts it all in perspective. Well said 40&80 and of course you & Seniors like you will always go onward & upward. For my part Che, I was only in GF for a short spell. I was recruited in Lodon for DEC 767. They called the night before & told me that due to change of policy, it would be RHS. Again, they told me that RHS to LHS would be very fast as I was an existing Commander with tons of experience. After six months in GF RHS, there was no sign of my "rapid career progression". I got out & hardly scratched the surface for indemnity.

However, it was the experience of a dear colleague of mine that made me respond. The indemnity package includes (by law) ALL ALLOWANCES. GF has ignored that for years. Your indemnity will be based on basic pay only. GF know that they are breaking local labour law but when you take off your rose tinted glasses & get the other half of your brain back, you will see that GF is above the law. You will be prevented (effectively) from challenging them because you are required to sign a "No further Claim" letter when you go, exhausted, to the pink palace to collect your cheque. Failure to sign this agreement means no final cheque ! My mate was deducted tons of dinars for all sorts of made up things like 'unauthorised leave' and oh yeah, realised he could kiss goodbye to the thousands tied up in the 'allowance' formula. He just wanted to get out of the rotten place & has never looked back.

So, che, read carefully 40 & 80's excellent submission. When you are done with GF or they are done with you be ready for some big shocks. While it serves YOU well, enjoy.