PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 10:00
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tartin - you don't get it . Some quite learned guys on here have been quietly suggesting to you that Olympic are not "shysters" or "parasites" at all - it is maybe , just maybe the fault of MON for being too greedy with the rates demanded this year . If i was in commercial and i had completely
on a big contract like this , then this is the spin i would put on it too - ie they are shysters , parasites etc , and blaming the former regime for allowing a situation like this to occur (sounds a bit like the current UK government!) . I wouldn't expect them to say anything else!
And if they went in to negotiations with the Big Mac school of management which you seem to endorse , if you don't like it etc , then there is no hope !
What with Dublin making no money and Edi (well , you tell me......) , and charter in general on the wane and long term , it sounds like MON are retrenching further south into a loco war (mainly with EZY) that they won't win imho. More simple economics?
This is just my 2p's worth , Tartin your loyalty to the "family" is commendable , but i think the good folk of MON deserve to maybe hear the truth rather than the ridiculous good news spin that is constantly in Monline!