PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for a Blacklisted airline.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 01:47
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
LOL ... when a guy starts his post with a dirty great denial that this is about P2F and the "good deal" on offer, it's fair to assume that they're blacklisted "AND" you're going to pay to fly with them??!!

Are things so bad that you can't even get someone in Europe to take your P2F money now, and wannabes have to go play russian roulette with shifty blacklisted 3rd world airlines?

Seriously ... I won't berate you on the moral hazards of P2F because I've done it all before and plenty of others will jump on here and do it better than I could anyway. However, you're going to ignore us all and do it anyway as your first sentence makes clear.

At least if you're going to go down that road make sure that you are buying quality as well as quantity, specially if you're a low timer. If you've done your dirty 500 hours and by the end of it you really know your sh!t with the aircraft SOPs and non-normals and so on, then one would hope you'd have a good chance of passing a sim check with a proper airline. However these sh!tty 3rd world P2F outfits have a very bad habit of doing virtual-single-crew B737 ops with some grouchy old local captain who ignores you altogether or does the bare minimum to get the plane from A to B, and at the end of the flight you haven't learned jack.

Can we hazard a guess that it's Indonesia ... and specifically when you say B737 that it's Lion Air?