PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 22:10
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must confess Skippy I also enjoy your posts as well.....beats TV,
even MUFC_Fan to a lesser degree , sorry !

Skip, your a bit like Tony Benn, (well maybe not as left wing), I cannot abide the politics, Mr Benn that is, but everytime he opens his mouth I am totally compelled to listen, as it is usually thougthful, interesting and very well delivered, I could listen to him all day !

Your repeated eulogy's in respect of Heathrow are to be appluaded for the devotion to the cause , BUT whilst you are always quick to unflinchingly give the impression that you will lay down your body to defend the principle of an expanded Heathrow, actual solutions as to how this might be achieved are in much shorter supply!

Thank-you for at least conceeding that Birmingham is a busted flush, (in that at least we agree), having ditched Heathrow the politicians are groping feveroushly for anything that might just fill the void .... Birmingham is a case in point, if it wasnt so incredibly and so utterley preposterous it would be amusing ?

On this wider point we can hammer on all day about expanding Heathrow, but there is simply no room left in the airspace in the South East, therefore if we do want to salvage something where UK Plc benefits, then MAN could be a solution !

As I have said on countless occasions it has to be an option given the 000s of passengers from the North Of England that are still funneled into the SE.

If AMS CDG and FRA is the alternative for these pax, then so is MAN !

...my "original point" which concerned MAG using every opportunity to convey this message appears to have been lost in the fog of prune wars !