PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 19:00
Mildly Militant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts v Perception

Malcolmf thanks for a clear explanation of why you felt it was necessary to back ba.Though I do not condone strike breaking ,based on your view of the situation it might appear to be an acceptable solution if you are truly concerned about your future.Survival instinct ect

Gear Up Cheer Up

"Reap what you sow." is it really necessary to add this sort of comment to the debate?
I personally did not sow anything.I respect EVERYONE I interact with during a day's work and always make a point of being extremely courteous,approachable and open minded.
However as a human being I am also entitled to make personal choices and to exercise certain rights.I find it saddening that professional adults should treat each other in this fashion.

Strimmerdriver

"they have worstened the T&Cs of those they represent and they have poisoned our working relationship"
As far as worsening our T&C's I believe your claim to be incorrect.To date they have not changed except for the pay freeze.With regards to poisoning relationships I find it difficult to blame solely Bassa.
Firstly it would suggest that Unite's members do not have a mind of their own,which I find condescending in the extreme.

Secondly they have not been present in T5 since their eviction of the office over a year ago.To claim that they are the devil incarnated seems a bit OTT,considering that so far they have been excluded from the premises.However I will grant you that some members could do with an extra semester at the finishing school, the same could be said for many people I encounter at work who are not in a union or who are in a different group of workers.What has been poisoning, is probably the desire for revenge by many who had an axe to grind against my profession for whatever reason.They appear to have seized upon this unpleasant industrial unrest to settle old quarrels.

Lastly many who took industrial action have been victimised not only through the removal of staff travel,but also being reported and subsequently suspended or sacked for non offences.Whilst others who did not strike are enjoying complete impunity and can carry on bullying c/c who went on strike.
Because the fear factor is key in this battle .
Others have had pay deductions which exceeded the number of days they were on strike for (WW crew having 6 day pay docked when actually on strike for 3 days).All of which indicate that a large proportion of people have suffered unjustly simply for exercising a basic right over an employment dispute.Are these acceptable and progressive 21st century industrial relations?
Does it signal a willingness to settle and move on?