PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 15:46
Mesmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M and Mildly Militant

I tent to lurk on this thread rather than post, but I wanted to say how much I appreciate you coming on here and giving us your views.

I am in the opposite camp from you; I am cabin crew but am against the strike. I would appreciate you telling me what you hope to achieve if there is another strike. I knew what last year's strikes were all about, but am not clear exactly what you are after with this one.

Also, one thing I keep hearing is the fear of MF growing so quickly that it will dwarf us until we are forced onto it (and sooo often I hear less-mildly-militant people saying how they hope the strike-breakers are the first ones forced onto it). MF taking my favourite routes has indeed always been my main worry. However, Bassa's last proposal (in March I think) before the strikes last year wanted the crew member back on board. They specifically stated that, as 1000+ more crew would have to be recruited for this, these new crew would be the start of MF. This would have hugely accelerated the growth of MF, so the last strike last year was actually a strike with one of its aims being to accelerate MF! How do you square this with the anti-MF rhetoric?

Thanks for your time and thoughts,