PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 11:35
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Mildly Militant

I agree that it has been badly handled on both sides.

It was the offering, by the union, for 767 longhaul work to be done by E/F that lost you a lot of your E/F support. Most of us ( except those waiting for WW), are on E/F because we wanted to do E/F work. Having to take all Worldwide's grotty 767 work that would have meant a reduction in allowances for us ( and probably yet more money for WW), basically to protect the CSD job on our fleet was not something that most of us wanted, anyway.

However if we get back to whats on the table now.

A promise to transfer routes fairly.

A promise to keep our terms and conditions unless otherwise negotiated.

A promise to not force us onto Mixed Fleet.

I don't understand the problem unless it is all about staff travel or getting peoples jobs back that have been suspended.

Well I can understand that but I don't think it is fair for a union to paint this offer as bad when the real reason for not accepting it is something else. The offer is fair and actually pretty good. It is the Mixed Fleet crew that get the raw end of this not us but that's another matter. You are not fighting for them, you are fighting as pawns for Duncan Holey, I'm afraid, who has misled you all, throughout all of this.