PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 11:12
Mildly Militant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you BG but firmly believe that there clearly was a hidden agenda in this dispute.
From the outset, positions on both parts were polarised. I believe Bassa offered significant concessions offering EF to do 767 WW and agreeing to a PSR reduction on WW and 757. The list goes on. The reply we were given in Oct 09 was that MF was to be scrapped if we accepted the following:
-9 days off/month on EF
-Double nights on WW reduced to single nights (loss of allowances)
-Unspecified ground duties for crew who have reached 900hrs
-Mixed flying on 767 for EF with a PSR removed
-Reduction of Annual leave
-Removal of LDP,CAT,ERB,ETP

All in all a gradual move to us becoming the MF. This offer was rejected by a vast majority and Bassa registered a failure to agreee.Almost at the same time the imposition started and the dispute escalated.
The escalation provided an opportunity to crush Bassa by describing them as a bunch of irresponsible uncompromising militants.
If I had not worked for other major carriers before I probably would have fallen for it. However I have worked for airlines where the union was far more "militant" than the one we've got and was aware that Bassa was very reluctant to take action.
The threat to remove staff travel incensed rather than appeased and no attempts were made to resolve this situation from then on.the agenda became extremely clear:
to destroy Bassa at all cost (remember the 11th hour agreement was rejected for a difference of 10M).