PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 11:00
License to Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Tugoh
BASSA has tried to demonise pilots over the VCC issue, and indeed have a history of demeaning and belittling pilots.

BASSA on the other hand seems to represent everything that is backward thinking and wrong within BA.
I think VCC's have been drawn in as there is now light at the end of the tunnel to change cabin crews archaic working conditions as well. This strike has been the 'last straw' and allowed the company to move into the 21st century - for example :-

Why are there no fixed links(many routes could do this), why are certain working days and associated minimum rest down route shorter for CC than pilots, why do BASSA keep blocking BA from doing their own service requirement (WT+ new product, hot towels etc), being flexible (eg if someone goes sick downroute), turfing inbound Club passengers off shorthaul Club seats as the PAX number triggers another crew member, rigid performance management to keep CC standards up

I am sure the list could go on and on - these are the things that need to change.

I think if BASSA was a good union, it would have evolved and helped to make BA great again - as BA has many really good crew - it is not though and membership should have their eyes full open to that and what could possible happen to them next, is the risk worth the reward ?