PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 10:58
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course I have considered BA's financial situation, clearly my assessment was correct as we made our first profit (158M) in two years despite the strikes and volcano.So when exactly was your livelihood put at risk?
Ahh, the twenty/twenty hindsight priciple.

I'm glad your assesment (after the event) was correct. Such a shame, at the time, that the city investors (oddly enough required in the airline world) didn't have your expertise when deciding whether or not to invest in BA as a company with its emergency business plan.

As Betty Girl has stated the imposed IFcE cuts have been part of the plan. Also many other departments wouldn't sign off permanent changes until ALL departments fell into line.

But thats all niff-naff and trivia. BASSA forecast everything would be ok and they didn't need to make any permanent savings. Whilst all the other departments, including may belonging to Unite, were negotiating their savings BASSA claimed they didn't and still don't need to change.

And still you wonder why other departments don't support BASSA's actions.