PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 09:49
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Please please please can we draw a line under what Eddy said last night.

I don't agree with what he said and I don't see anyone else agreeing with him either, so please lets all just discuss what this thread is supposed to be about.

Everyone's job is important for one reason or another. We need ALL our staff to be doing their jobs well to make our airline great.

Miss M.
I don't myself understand why you feel BA are wanting to get rid of you, as you put it.

The agreement guarantees that you will remain on your current terms and conditions unless otherwise negotiated, so I just don't understand why you say that.

This is what Bill said only on 20th January 2011, day before yesterday, Thursday afternoon on his webchat. It could not be more clear.

These are some quotes :-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
''I have no plans, intentions or otherwise to "starve crew of work " or force anyone to join Mixed Fleet. Couldn't be clearer.''

''Mixed Fleet crew will represent 42% of all crew in 10 years time, not 4 as you suggest.''

''I'm glad you like the initiative of showing all Mixed Fleet routes on the manpower thread on this forum. We wanted to give transparency as promised, and to ensure colleagues were bidding for the right trips for their fleets.
I too read many of the rumours which once again proved to be without any foundation re high earning routes.
When we spoke about routes with Unite, we were all very clear that during the start up phase of Mixed Fleet (probably the first 18 months) it would be difficult to give much advance notice of routes moving. However, in steady state we have committed in the offer to discuss with Unite which routes will move on a seasonal basis. This would then allow us to publish them as you suggest.''

''Routes attract various allowances including meal, box, back to back and destination as an example. As long as a balance of high, medium and low earning routes are maintained in proportion to the number of existing crew in existing fleets, then the ability of crew to earn their variable pay remains too.
As an underpin to this arrangement, we have introduced the Top Up Scheme which will guarantee that your variable pay cannot be lower than that earned on average in 2009/10 (as detailed in the collective and individual offers)''

''I've always said I can see routes moving between fleets on a regular basis and I've also said that new routes will go to both existing and mixed fleets dependant on customer and business need. You're seeing a good example of this with Buenos Aires going to Worldwide Fleet and Haneda going to Mixed. I also expect Mixed Fleet to grow slowly to represent only 42% of all crew in 10 years time.''

''So new aircraft and new routes will continue to be distributed fairly and transparently all fleets based on commercial need.''

''I want to be really clear, that contrary to what you may have heard from other sources, we have NOT terminated the redeployment agreement.
We have talked in the past to all Trade Unions across BA about working towards a modern approach to an agreement that is almost 40 years old, while continuing to try to avoid compulsory redundancies.
In IFCE we have adopted an entirely voluntary approach to any leavers through increasing part time offers and voluntary redundancy. This remains our approach.
There are currently no talks underway re updating the redeployment agreement.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you read all of that and still think he is going to get rid of you or force you onto Mixed Fleet. That is of course if you actually bothered to read his webchat on the ESS Forum.