PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 21:50
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I think they will offer a much more in depth service this time around because I think all the VCCs have had more training now and have flown on flights with real crew in the interim while keeping their licence recent. So I anticipate that they will be doing hot food and a proper club service this time on the World wide flights. On E/F we did our usual service last time and on all the flights I flew on we had actual cabin crew not VCCs

Plus I think more crew will turn up this time. Last time VCCs were being sent home because cabin crew did come in and this time more cabin crew will turn up.

I actually think that most people would not even realise there was a strike.
On some of my flights some of the foreign passengers asked me when the strike would be taking place. I looked at them and said it is happening today but not all of us are striking and they had not even realised!! One Gold card holder told me that he had flown 5 times during the strike and had not even noticed anything. In fact things went smoother than usual if anything.