PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 21:46
Spanner in the works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear what you are saying Eddy - but believe me, there are a lot of Engineers that are VCC.
Can't speak for other departments so I'll let them have their word - but I'm talking about licensed guys and the like. Many, many doing jobs in offices that require at the very least a recognised apprenticeship or 5-10 years experience.

Besides - it's not really about "who's job is more menial than another", I don;t want to get into that and I know you don't mean to either.

The main point is that for CC training as a whole - it's one course, common across the board for all volunteering. Lots of organising, but in the end, repetitive training over and over for each person passing through Cranebank. End result? VCC

If, say the same were to happen in any other department - you would need many, many different courses of different lengths. The logisitics - I would say, would be nigh-on impossible.
Apart from the fact that many jobs don;t have training centres set-up where you go in one end and come out the other qualified - albeit raw.
Most of our training is done on-job.