PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 21:46
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I maintain : I couldn't be a Revenue Manager tomorrow - or even in eight weeks - without on-the-job assistance from more experienced and knowledgeable RMs. But nor can a Revenue Manager become a member of crew and go flying with 8 weeks of training without someone with more experience 'holding their hand', so to speak.

You need a certain number of EXPERIENCED crew on an aircraft to actually keep things running..... But with guidance, help and supervision, those with little experience can do the job - or parts of it.....

Without undermining the excellent work our VCCs have done, I don't believe for a second that, given a medical emergency onboard, our 'normal' crew wouldn't be turned to to take the lead.

Why would any sane J Class passenger pay that class of fare to be told once on board that it is a reduced service due to CC action. I'd rather take an alternative and most business pax I talk to would as well.
Having worked during the strikes, I'd disagree (if I were a J-paying passenger). If I had any experience of flying with BA during the strikes I'd know that, despite a marginally reduced service (just fewer food options, really), the service onboard is actually better because those serving me/you WANT to be there.