PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 21st Jan 2011, 16:19
BetterByBoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maeboyce - "more than 7500 cabin crew feel strongly enough about what is happening to vote to strike against their company"

.... where did you get these numbers from. It was 5751 who voted for strike action out of over 10000 balloted ... approx 1700 less votes for strike action now than in Feb 2010 and precisely what was achieved last time? Especially as BA now have Mixed Fleet \ New Fleet as well as a lot more, much better trained VCC. BA will be aware of just how many are likely to support the strike when dates are announced and crew make themselves available or not. And I suspect they will play a waiting game until then.

Mariner 9 - "I remain amazed that such a high proportion (over 25%!) of what I had previously considered to be a reasonably intelligent workforce apparently lack the werewithal to have a say in their own futures."

Betty Girl makes the point on the CC thread that she thinks that a lot of these had left the Union and hence didn't vote. But I think it would be a fair guess that very few of the non-voting cabin crew will actually go on strike.