PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 07:31
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

spin doctor,

I see exactly what you are saying but I think all the descriptions you give work both ways.

I was just getting a bit fed up and I know many other cabin crew feel the same, of people posting on hear about crew as if flying with BA cabin crew in general is a horrid experience. I know there must be a few bad apples but in general pilots and cabin crew get on very well in BA.

Anyone from another airline or a member of the general public would not see that view from reading these cabin crew threads. They would see a completely distorted view posted by a few particular posters constantly taking the worst examples of cabin crew and portraying it as if that is normal on BA.

I just wanted people to know that many of us don't experience BA like this. I despite all that is going on, which I do find very upsetting, am having a great relationship with ALL pilots whether they be in charge of the aircraft or commuters or just sitting on the car park bus. I witness daily Worldwide crew and their pilots chatting away in the security area and at the bus stop after a flight quite happily.

Of course I know that on Worldwide, there has been and it stems back over thirty plus years , a dislike of each other from some on BOTH sides of the door. Maybe the VCC situation has reignited all this but in general and especially the younger CSDs this has been improving on Worldwide and I just would hate people to think that all this nastiness is the norm because it is not.

That's all. Trouble is on hear you make a post trying to explain things as you see it and you get basically pulled to shreds, not by you, and it kind of looks like you are going on and on and on but your just defending your original post really.