PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 21:27
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps as utterly fruitless as petitioning to the attention of the many Aviation Executives of Chicago of an (AA) airline that is actually based/located in Texas!

Oooh, some feedback from the said petition:

Coco The Clown: Birmingham to Chicago on an American Airlines B777? Can I use that in my stage show? It's the funniest, daftest thing I've heard for YEARS !!!

Jeff Smisek: A direct blimp service via Iceland would be suitable.

Ivor Biggun: To the creator of this 'petition'. American Airlines are not going to relauch direct flights to Birmingham UK from Chicago like you suggest. Also you have been posting the links to this on certain forums with a title alluding to the petition having been set up by Birmingham Airport. It has NOT been set up by Birmingham Airport, and it is unlikely Birmingham Airport are going after a flight that failed miserably nearly ten years ago. Give up with this silly idea.

Duncan Donut: It appears that, in your desperation to afford this ridiculous petition any credibility, you or someone else has resorted to stealing peoples' airliners.net identities to make what appear to be credible support for your campaign. The notion that AA will ever put a 777 into BHX on regular service to ORD is nothing more than your wet dream.

And finally:

R Branson: I might bring my airline in and make Birmingham a major intercontinental hub. So what if there is not the population to support it, this petition has convinced me that we, like all airlines, should be completely philanthropic and listen to 13 year old spotters when making crucial business decisions.