PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 20:44
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

BAALLtheway,

Of course I don't think those jobs are unskilled anymore than I think cabin crews job is unskilled. My point was that people keep on saying that the cabin crew job is unskilled and we should think ourselves lucky to have a job.

Constantly we are being told, on this thread only I will add, that in this day and age we should only expect to work for a couple of years before moving on because our job is only worth low wages and it is not a career anymore.

I was just using examples of other jobs that have the same entry level educational qualifications and wondered if it would be acceptable to say they were unskilled and you should only aspire to have your jobs for a couple of years to save BA all those pension costs etc. and that none of them can be a career either. I don't feel that myself, I feel the complete opposite, I was saying it to show, some of the posters on this thread, how unpleasant their posts sound and how unacceptable that kind of attitude is. I was being sarcastic so to speak.

I think all working people contribute to our airline and our country and we all have a vital job to do. I think if you reread it you might realise what I was saying and it is the complete opposite to the way you have taken it.

Hope that clarifies that for you.

Added to say that I personally feel if quoting something someone says it's best practice to quote the whole sentence and not just a few select words that can be misinterpreted when taken out of the context of the sentence. Not having a go at you BAALLthway but I notice that Blue rib and other do it regularly and it changes what people meant.
Many thanks BG.

Last edited by Betty girl; 20th Jan 2011 at 23:06.