PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 20:17
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl,

I did not say that there is lack of harmony on my flights - and if you had flown with me I am certain you would agree!!

It is about balance! I have stated many times that the vast majority of cabin crew do a good job, but all I am saying is that there are still some real bad eggs. Whether or not they went on strike is immaterial in the way that I treat crew. I always try and treat people the way I would like to be treated myself. That policy has worked very well over many, many years!!

This debate is NOT about pilots versus cabin crew - no matter that some people seem intent on making it so.

I believe that this dispute started purely because bassa reps did not want to lose their power, and their over-stated ability to affect the operation. Alas, it now also appears to be about a lack of trust from a group of people towards their management. Trust is a two-way street and it is sad to see some factions doing their utmost to poison any chance of trust in the future.

The coming weeks are not going to be any more pleasant for all of us. I just hope that the matter will be resolved soon and then we can all start the difficult process of building bridges!