PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 19:38
BAAlltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl

an unskilled job, such as loader, check in staff, admin staff
Ouch! I'm sure you may not have meant it in the way that it was written, but given that you are unhappy with inferences that from some people the CC job isn't a rocket science job, don't you think your statement is rather inflammatory?
Worth bearing in mind that the training for Check-in is longer that the CC training, which if it was an unskilled job, would rather reflect poorly on the role of CC.

I would like to clarify, that i think the CC job, when done properly IS a taxing one. Just as is check-in, as is loading etc. CC as a role may not need a huge list of qualifications, but dealing with the public in a controlled environment, whilst working fairly long days, and remembering lots of procedures and regs is tiring, and doing so with a genuine smile on your face is not easy. Likewise for check-in agents with 20 people waiting in front of their desk to check in, or the agents in NCL with 16,000 cases waiting and a permanently flashing phone.
The skill in any job, no matter how many or few qualifications it needs, is doing whatever it involves properly, and doing it wholeheartedly. Pilot, check in agent, CC, engineer or loader, all have different skills and challenges, but all require genuine effort to be great at it.