PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 19:31
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sporran
I am surprised that you think that 'there are a fair number of crew on Eurofleet who should not be operating as cabin crew' because like Betty I would say that there are but a handful out of a community of 2700. I have encountered only two who have required some specific managing and have heard of a couple more through the CSD rumour network. I also am aware that the main crew talk of one or two pursers who strike fear in their hearts and 1 legendary CSD although I don't get to fly with either anymore! (Definately not Bettygirl may I say!)
As for 'anti cabin crew pilots', only a couple of those that I can detect on the Airbus and it may be that they just are anti-everything and everyone! It (Eurofleet) is largely a harmonious community on both sides of the door but, it may be that if your flights are not so then there is a common denominating factor?

Blu Riband
Part of being a sccm (or a pilot) is taking the responsibility to address those problems.
Absolutely and I am addressing them wherever I find them. However it pained me to hear a Captain describe a recent encounter with aforesaid legendary CSD and admit that he did not challenge her lack of SEP pre-flight checks because he "didn't want to make things any worse!" We all need to step up here and four stripes gives you a lot more authority than any of the main crew would have had on that flight.