PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 18:16
suninmyeyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MF Crew you said

As I have no axe to grind with current crew - can I ask why did you decline to let them take their rest in Club - after all the Flight Crew have a Club rest seat and often change it to a seat in First I have been told
The cabin crew have been told in crew notices and also in Cabin Crew News that they may only take their rest in their crew rest seats or in bunks. Yet they still sometimes ask if they can take their rest in 1st when there are no passengers in that section. I used to let them with a few provisos. I don't risk that now because on another flight one of the cabin crew who took rest in First subsequently reported the Captain. One of those sad occasions where one person ruins it for the rest.

One time I would let the cabin crew rest in Club would be if it was a long range flight, ie Singapore where they are entitled to horizontal rest and for some reason, such as a low air flow warning, the bunks were unavailable.

Incidentally if I am on a 2 flight crew sector and there are bunks on board I will always let the cabin crew use the flight crew bunks or overhead rest area. We have nothing to lose and it helps the harmony.

This forum often gives the impression that flight and cabin crew are daggers drawn all the time. Not so at all and as per usual I have recently had some great rapport both off and on the plane with our cabin crews. I just tend to avoid certain topics of conversation. Let's hope a solution is found soon.