PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 16:09
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Two sides to every story. Whilst one MF crew member may have their flatmate green, or orange, with envy others are not fairing so well. Having a wife who is an ex-temp, who was invited to join mixed fleet and who declined, I also have friends who are on or close to MF. Friend 1 on the fleet is already looking elsewhere for work, friend 2 had delayed taking up a position on MF and managed to have their temp contract extended on WW. This person may never make it to mixed fleet as she has applied to Monarch Airways. The t&cs and cash are better, maybe even MF plus 10%.

The Blu Riband, what can I say. I know we should fight the argument etc but.....

'many crew have a poor attitude' - perhaps a minority much like a minority of pilots, managers, engineers, office staff, cleaners, red caps et al.

And I hope your last trip didn't have a heavy pilot, meaning the flight deck crew could nominate a first class bed to have a rest in. This may well be your contracted and fought for condition of employment, and I'm happy that you have such a condition, however I'm unhappy that you feel nobody else should have perks or retain t&cs. I'm afraid you paint a very poor picture of cabin crew to any outsider looking in.