PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Looks To Improve International Product
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:59
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently I have flown QF internationally as well as several Asian and European carriers, and in my experience the cabin crew were great, whatever their age and/or gender.

My biggest problem with QF international is their attitude ridden check in staff and their complete inability to provide a dietary meal, despite booking it initially, calling to confirm, asking staff at the airport a day before departure and calling again to confirm the morning before departure.

This has happened twice and I will not fly them again, because their two Asian and one European code share partners that I also flew with can organize a similar meal with 15 minutes notice, after QF failed to notify them of the requirement that was specified with the initial booking .

QF cannot do this, even when the booking receipt is shown to them, even when it is pointed out to them that the Q Catering building is only a ten minute drive from the aircraft and they keep standby dietary meals available, even when it was confirmed in all the previous steps and one is checking in two hours prior to departure.

It means nothing to the CS bimbo filing her nails while begrudgingly checking you in (literally) that you are facing many hours without food you paid for. I have seen it twice, and they don't give a . In contrast, both SQ and CX can organize edible food with a minimum of fuss so that's who I now fly with.

I like Qantas and I would like to keep flying with them, but when I have to pay premium and still pack a picnic lunch (which the LAG screeners confiscate) there are better options available. IME it's not the fault of the cabin crew who went to all lengths to find edible food, but the alleged Customer Service staff on the ground that sell the airline short.

My requirements can be met by most decent cafes (we're not talking groundnut allergies). I can go to the Coffee Club and order a meal, I can go the local Italian joint and they'll tell me the gnocchi and scallopine is fine but don't eat anything else. At the other end of the spectrum (and Qantas has been wanking on about attracting premium customers) I have eaten at Aria in Sydney and the staff took all care with my meal, even checking with the chef about sauces before accepting my order, but it's all too hard for Qantas, unlike CX, SQ and Swissair that could organize a meal with no fuss.

It pisses me off to no end that unlike their competitors, Qantas simply can't be bothered organizing a special meal with a months notice, because they don't ing care. Maybe they'd rather I threw my guts up all over their damn aircraft.

Rant over, from a lost loyal customer.

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 20th Jan 2011 at 11:18.