PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:42
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Juan Trip,

I don't think MFCREW was referring to cabin crew from any fleet, he/she was referring to some of the posters on hear that are pilots and office workers that just seem to want to have a go at ALL cabin crew full stop.

You know the kind of person, that thinks we are all lucky to have a job and that all crew don't need to have a decent lifestyle because our jobs are worthless and it's fine that the company just wants us to stay for a couple of years because that's all we are worth, a couple of years.

Not sure if they believe that to be the case for all people that are doing, apparently, an unskilled job, such as loader, check in staff, admin staff or is it just us because for some reason many posters don't see any skill in being charming to our passengers and looking after them and contributing to BA winning an award and being voted best shorthaul airline, the second time this year.

I think you will find that, that is the kind of poster he/she was referring to. There are quite a few on here.

Sad thing is that we were having a good and well mannered debate about things before people just started to tar all crew with the same brush particularly some people that really don't understand quite how complicated this dispute is now and seem to only see things in black and white.

MFCREW please be assured that out on line it so different. I have great relationships with cabin crew that striked and of course those that did not, pilots that volunteered and those that cannot understand why others did and all the dispatchers and managers. Please don't think that the posters on any of these forums are a reflection of what it's like on line because most of us, and of course there are exceptions, are getting on fine whether we striked or didn't (mostly we choose not to discuss this stuff at work). You will find that a lot of these posters just plain don't like crew and that is why they choose to come on cabin crew threads. They are NOT typical of most people that work for BA.

BG.