PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:10
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new to this company and I have never in my life been so depressed and downbeat.

The job is not at all what I was expecting - I have flown before and Cabin Crew and Flight Crew got on so well. In this company something is so very wrong and ~Im not just talking about current crew and new crew.

I was told by my ex to come on here, at first I thought all of you where ok but pompous - now I realise - you are part of the problem - you have to sort this out. Im new, my fleet is new, its not what was sold to me, but thats life and I will get on.

But you lot on here - dont you realise, you have to work with these people - you are so horrific to many of these people, its wrong, you are so wrong.

BA was never ever going bust - it wasnt for that - even I no see that after just 3 months - this wony last, belive me it wont last
MFCREW - Really sorry you feel like this. Firstly yours is a new fleet, and with all new things there will be teething problems. It was the same on Mid fleet when it started in 1990. It took time to get it right, but in the end MOST crew loved it. We had a great time even though short and longhaul 'dispised' us. Unfortunetely, Bassa NEVER supported us and 'helped to get rid of us at the end.

As for being so horrific to 'these' people. I'm assuming you mean those who went on strike. I won't bore you or the rest of us who have 'lived' this situation EVERY time we have come to work in the last 2 years, but I'm sorry you don't work/fly with these people on a daily basis like we do. I flew with a lovely temp in August who had been accepted to go onto Mixed fleet. He couldn't wait, as he said working with 'heritage' crews especially on longhaul had been venemous - his words.

Quite simply something I don't and never will get is how crew in BA literally HATE everything about the company yet have stayed 5/10/20/30+ years. Its all take and no give. They want their beloved union Bassa to be back in control, so T/C's and any future changes (hot towel anyone!!) will NEVER EVER change. The world according to Bassa has stopped and MUST never move forward in ANY way. As for BA never going bust. Who knows. But it was never sustainable for main crew on 75% earning around 28k/year gross AND keeping the archaic agreements we have.

BA have had NO choice IMO but to start this new fleet. IF Bassa and those crew who support them would have been a bit more flexible, then I TRULY believe that your fleet would never have started and you could have joined BA on better pay and T/C's. But no, so we have ALL lost, every single one of us. Thanks DH and Lala so much.

Finally I sat with a lovely girl on sby the other week. She is on Mixed fleet. She stated very clearly that she had been a temp twice and knew exactly what she was getting herself into. As she said, she thought and hoped the basic would go up to say £14k. If it didn't she would after a year look elsewhere. I believe she was quite typical of the crew on Mixed fleet. I really hope things turn out for you, but remember, not ALL of us hate the 'hat' fleet. Far from it. Take care JT

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 20th Jan 2011 at 10:12. Reason: extra info