PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some food for thought...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 03:30
Thrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just stirring the pot.

I guess the CX pilots union and the 100,000+ ALPA pilots that condem the union bust going on in CX are wrong.

CX flightdecks are as professional as any in world aviation. I've sat next to a few replacement workers and quite frankly it is a distraction.

I wouldn't pee on one if he was on fire and I expect that he wouldn't do the same for me. He showed his contempt for his "fellow" CX pilots by taking a job to replace wrongfully dismissed crew. A union bust is a union bust.

I haven't met a replacement worker yet that didn't leave a job to come to CX. He made his choice with the complete knowledge of what he was doing. As far as I'm concerned they can all rot in hell.

Those of you that talk about this issue from the outside just don't understand what is going on. For just one minute stop and think about how your family would feel if it was you that was sacked. What support would you want from your mates? Those that come to CX now are pretty low in my book. Many excellent pilots are waiting in the wings to take slots when this is sorted out.

The first of our courtcases in both HK and overseas are about to be presented. Pressure is about to mount and it will start to look bad for the company. Hopefully this will be the precursor to talks with management. CX have expressed a desire to return to the mainland and our current load factors are in the 80+% range. Time to expand and it won't happen without the pilots on side.

Please just wait you wannabe's.

Now, about those vortex generators..