PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Jan 2011, 12:40
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well Snas I have to agree with Tomkins that all crew would be out if Mixed Fleet terms were forced on us but as I have explained, this cannot happen and BA has gone to great lengths to assure crew of this.

The worst that could happen is that they force the agreement that some of us have already signed but in the 'union version', of course, it dose have some clauses re Legal action and a new working relationship with Unite, which is the real reason that Lalalady wants the vote to go her way.

The big problem is that most crew believe that it will be fine initially but the fear among the majority of crew is what will happen in the future when Mixed Fleet has grown and some worry that it will not be done fairly.

Bassa has scaremongered many to believe Mixed Fleet will grow rapidly and it is growing fast at the moment, helped by part-time contracts and route expansion, but it will slow down after the initial burst and grow as we leave or retire but most crew that I speak to don't see it that way. They really worry that it will get bigger faster and that they will be forced onto it and that is because Bassa have created a unfounded mistrust among crew and unfortunately Willie Walsh has not made matters easier with his style of management.