PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some food for thought...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 01:56
HandyAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As these pages are open to the general public, I am free to comment. I am not CX staff.

I read the last post by Thrust with absolute horror and dismay.

Thrust, I trust my (and my family’s) very being in your hand’s when I place myself on a seat on the aircraft you are in command of. If I were aware in advance of whom you are and which flight you were operating, I would most definitely avoid traveling that day.

The blind vitriol and hate you so candidly display is indeed a shock to my system particularly when it encroaches into the flight deck as you say it does.

You may respond that as a pax/customer, I am not entitled to know of, or comment on, the internal issues of CX personnel however the status quo within your organisation is not secret or confined to this forum. There has been correspondence in the SCMP between public and your AOA General Secretary – it is widely known in HK about these issues. Moreover, I am a very frequent traveller with CX and have been for many moons for both business and (few!) leisure trips.

It is often said by flight crew that pax know nothing. About operating an aircraft, probably. About where to place ourselves in terms of safety, no. I will say though, that I am not unfamiliar with your sims.

Thrust, I find it difficult to comprehend how you can dedicate your internal resources to operating an aircraft when you are carrying so much psychological baggage with you. Do you realise what you are doing with the lives of so many people relying on you?

I would venture to request that you need to apply yourself fully to operating the aircraft with 100 percent concentration and not have your attention diverted by your hatred of colleagues, whether justified or not. As your charge, I am entitled to be protected (as far as possible) from calamity – would you be able to handle it?

Please do not tell me that how you feel is the responsibility of Management. You are responsible for how you deal with your emotions, nobody else.

We are all, voluntary or involuntary, ambassadors and sales(wo)men for our employers by being before customers. It is really just as well for you I believe, that CX Management do not know who “Thrust” is.

Now then, do I continue with a booked short break in Cebu in a couple of weeks time not only with my wife and two children but with my elderly parents too? Your call.

HA