PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Jan 2011, 09:09
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ballot results this Friday

So the ballot result is due to be announced on Friday. How do we feel its going to go?. My guess has changed totally over the last few weeks, and now I think there will be a 'NO' majority. If Bassa/Amicus are to be believed, and that 10000 ballots were sent out, I think there will be around 8000 returned forms. Of those 3500 will be yes, and 4500 will be no. The main reason I'm saying this, is because I've met a hell of a lot of crew recently who are still in Bassa ( WHY??) but came into work and have voted NO in this ballot. I really think that Bassa will lose this one.

On a totally separate issue, there is a lot of scaremongering from LaLalady on the other forums, saying that BA will implement the 90 day issue soon, and that subsequently all crew will be on £11 basic and £2.40/hour a la mixed fleet. Can someone on here please explain simply why BA won't do this. I think I know but am not sure of all of the details. This is the latest mantra being thrown about at work, and I'd like to be able to answer it correctly.

Thanks