PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50 operators closed down.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 09:08
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh good grief!! has the Skull finally lost his rag?? If this rumour is true?.

Then again given his testimony to the Senate commitee ie the 12 mile limit,amongst others, I'm inclined to think he's capable of anything. Its just so totally absurd, it would take someone totally out of their mind to dream it up.
The loonies really are loose in the asylum. Either that or CASA are so desperate for funds and so totally out of touch with the GA industry, or any other industry for that matter that they have finally arrived in La La land.
If you wish to run a business doing tourist scenic flights, Joy flights they called them in my day, and my Dad's day, and my Grandfathers day, hell that was my first job. You need to pay us, (CASA) thousands of dollars, Na ten's of thousands of dollars, Na hundred's of thousands of dollars Na more than the cost of your airplane!! to issue the same licence that Qantas, Virgin, Jet, Tiger airlines operate under, with all the bell's and whistles that are required to operate a boeing 747, because our reg's, that we've worked tirelessly to modernise for the past twenty odd years, at enormous expense to the Australian Taxpayer do not differentiate between a boeing and a tiger moth.
Dont bother complaining, we know you dont have the money to fight us, just fire your staff, sell your aircraft, if you can find someone to buy them, close your hangar doors and go quietly into history, there are lots of real Estate sharks ready and willing to subsidise our retirement if we can just get rid of you little people cluttering up prime real estate, just begging for development.
To some who posted comments on this thread. Hey guys, could it be that you forget your roots?, its easy looking down with your six figure salary from your shiny jet and forget where you came from, or could it be I'm all right Jack?, screw the rest of you little people.
I guess the poor old GA Industry is just too tired to fight, had the s..t kicked out of it for so long its run out of steam. This would never have happened in the US, politics would have prevented it and put these incompetent clowns in their place...where are our pollies??..Barnaby..where are you?..these are Queensland jobs and businesses being destroyed...where is the good senator who held out so much promise?, not just for the airline fraternity but for the little people as well, Where's Mr Catta? Where are our tourism ministers?.its a tourist thing being torn down. Where is the mainstream press?? guess it's not sensational enough for you,so what, a few hundred little people are thrown out of work, rather bash the big fish like Qantas..
Well, I try to be an optomist, maybe just maybe, if there is anyone out there who cares, a few letters, emails, might just might make a difference, or for those of you who have had their businesses and livelihoods destoyed, at least make an effort and put your case to the class action people in Melbourne who are working very hard to mount a case against a endemically corrupt regulator.
Even if that fails, the political embarrassement might just trigger a Royal commission, which is perhaps the only way to bring the corruption in CASA into the public arena and some of those responsible brought to book.
What do you have to lose? they've already taken everything from you.