PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Control Input whilst landing
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 00:33
John Citizen

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Don't even think about pressing the takeover button. I hope that was a 'tongue in cheek' remark
Yes, thanks, I agree. After more thought and from reading the replies here, I will never do it, nor have I ever done it before.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

It was tongue in cheek.

Perhaps he believes he is somehow a better pilot than the Captains he flies with
I do not believe this at all, nor did I ever try and portray this belief. I apologise if did.

Just because I raise concern regarding the behaviour of some captains does not automatically mean that I think that I am better than them.

I admit that I am not ready to be a captain yet, however I am competent enough to be able to land an aeroplane on my own without interference.

I am just annoyed at captains who like to interfere with my landings, which is a big "MUST NOT DO" according to Airbus.

Now back to the original question, how to ideal with this "safety" issue ?

I don't like to dob in my mates (report fellow workers to the company), however from the responses here, it looks like some captains might be offended if I directly express my concern to them.

Obviously some captains (who think they know better than the manuals) think this is their "right".

Looks like I might just have to quietly put up with it.

Last edited by John Citizen; 18th Jan 2011 at 02:17.