PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Jan 2011, 21:37
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender

I am glad that the Unite leadership acted as it did. There were huge numbers of members who wanted industrial action and any action by the executive to stop it would have been wrong in my mind. The union should be member driven. If that is what they want, then it is for Unite to deliver. I just can't see what it will achieve though and I am glad that it isn't me.

The regular posters on pprune who support the action have not been persuaded that it is the wrong course, therefore it is the right course for them and I am sure that they know the possible consequences.

I do not believe that at face value, the new strike ballot is linked and by having the ballot, neither do those at the top of Unite. However, the courts will be the judge, not us on 'ere.

I believe that a strike mandate will come from the ballot, but I hope that the figures will be a majority of the total workforce, not the majority of those that have voted in this case, just for there to be a strong mandate.

We shall wait and see.

Last edited by Litebulbs; 16th Jan 2011 at 21:56.