PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Become a Pilot (BA Sponsership)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2001, 00:46
ric.c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How to Become a Pilot (BA Sponsership)

Hi all,
I am brand new to this forum and I have a question:
I am 16 years old and I live on the outskirts of London (Chesham)I have always wanted to become an airline pilot for British Airways. I am takeing Physics Maths and Geography A level and an Ecenomics AS level. I hope to apply to the BA Sponsership scheme at 18 after I get my results but the number of applications are huge and I am trying to look for an alternative just in case I don't get in. I DO NOTwant to join the RAF. I am thinking maybe I should go to university and take an avionics/electrical/aeronaugtical degree and each year apply to the sponsership, right up until 21 (the max. age for sponsership)then what? Here are my questions: How is the best way to prepare myself and improve my chances of being accepted on the scheme, what do BA look for? (I have read the info on this site BTW) How would I pay for private training AND build up the 2500 hours required experience before 28 years old (again, the max. recruting age)? Anything I have missed? I am not well off, I have a £150 a month job to try and help (I am trying to study for my A levels as well ) How would I find the money? Thanks for any advise guys.
Richard Cruse