PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Jan 2011, 08:06
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mildly Militant

What are these allowances that were absorbed into my basic in 1997, but then subsequently removed? I certainly have no memory of this, as, if true, it would mean that my basic salary was at once time REDUCED and that has never happened.

I think your BASSA advisor is being deliberately devious in his /her spin.

There was a "Money back guarantee scheme" implemented in conjunction with the 1997 reconstruction of pay, that guaranteed that if anyone was worse off by the new way of paying us, they would be topped up to what they would have been paid under the old pre 1997 method. This was to run for 3 years and only extended if significant numbers of crew were still earning less under the new method. By year 3 (actually by year 1) very few people were worse off, most roughly the same or better. I was slightly better off for ALL 3 YEARS so I got no money back payment. Because most were better off, the Money Back Guarantee wasn't extended beyond the 3 years. IT'S THIS THAT WAS "REMOVED", NOT ANY ALLOWANCES.

Of course, with the benefit of it being so long ago that most people can't remember what happened, BASSA are now spinning this as an example of BA reneging on deals. I have a long memory, so I know it's nonsense.

123 Breath

Absolutely.