PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 06:38
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick update while I have a chance.

Customers - EA meeting in Nov we questioned their intentions for regaining some customer work. GH said that they were trying. We said that he was lying because the customer reps at sit were telling us otherwise. KC jumped in and said that was true. QF told them earlier last year that they weren't in a position to pick up customer work ATM.

At a meeting a few days before Xmas there was a critical moment. I was there and trying to push things along. I grabbed a whiteboard and marker and wrote up the things that were agreed. They were all things we said we would give them. In return there was a few maybes but nothing substantial. I said "ok you want a four year deal, we want two. How about we agree to 3 but we need something locked in from the job security list. How about confirmation that we would continue to do aircraft transits in ports that do them now." The qantas managers all started laughing and said no way. The refused to commit to doing what we do now. They explained that they wanted to leave all their options open. It may not appear from what I have written to be a critical moment but for those who were their, it was just clear that they have one thing on their minds and it forms part of their future plans.

Any questions?