PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 16:17
Telstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An awareness of "trends" in this case just might have prevented the accident had they been recognised in time and acted upon.
Is right on the money.

I was a huge fan of the man when behind the wheel of a rally car, and it pains me to say it but he was a prat behind the controls of an aircraft.

I remember seeing an interview he did on one of the satellite channels and he took the reporter up for a joyride including flying down a narow forrest track/Fire break below tree top level and at high speed and performing a torque turn at quite a low level. I couldn't believe that he allowed himself to be filmed doing all this. He obviously had a total disregard for any and all of the rules of flying and wasn't worried about the CAA catching up with him.

That he was almost certainly doing the same as the above with his young child, someone elses much loved child and another adult on board and took them all with him on the way out just makes his lack of maturity, judgement and responsibility even more hard to accept. Throwing more taxpayers money after the probably millions spent by the AAIB is a scandalous waste of money.

Last edited by Telstar; 15th Jan 2011 at 16:37.