PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Jan 2011, 14:25
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Carabian boy.

BA has taken on hundreds of temps over the last two years instead of recruiting main crew at LHR. These crew have either left or shortly due to or have moved over to Mixed Fleet.

BA would have never recruited people at LGW so that some of you could transfer over because they don't want more crew on the current LHR terms, full stop.

I hope in the future some will be transferred over because Bill Francis has promised to do so for some of you and I like to think he keeps his promises.

Take it from me that BA never manages to get the crewing levels exactly right. We are always either under crewed or over crewed. We have recently been over crewed with Pursers and CSDs and under crewed with main crew. At the moment we are over with everybody but that is probably because he is at the moment in the process of handing out part time. He is also going to give out lots of part time because that's how he expands Mixed Fleet.

If someone tells you that they had a friend that did not get VR, why don't you believe them. I do.