PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC statements true?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 11:39
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doud't very much that there training is ****e per say (the end product will be the same as any other school)

Over priced maybe I don't know what ya get for your money.

Taught by blokes wearing gold bars, yep you get that.

Get taught the same syllabus as every other CPL/IR yep you get that.

Better pilot at the end? Very much doud't it.

Instant job at the end and 3 years to command, and be earning the course fee as a salary per year. Not a hope in hell.

Kylie, Hoffman and the like once your "in" the industry its not worth mentioning. Although Meatloaf tends to get a few raised eyebrows because the man around aircraft is a bloody unlucky mence. He has managed to be on more aircraft having incidents than most pro pilots manage in thier whole careers.

And getting stranded in Africa, a bit like getting arrrested and having to pay a bribe to get on your way, all part of the job.

As I said before experenced multi crew operators with thousands of hours operating automatics add nothing to the training of single pilot ops manual IFR. One of the best IR instructors I know hasn't a single hour in a multi crewed aircraft but he has many hundreds of successful ex students out there with many thousands in airlines. The "we have airline Captains as instructors" is just marketing snobbery, like the wanky bars.