PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crisis
Thread: Crisis
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 01:00
were we shot down?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I must admit that I share many of WWW's sentiments currently and am certainly concerned about my possible future in the industry although my main concern at the moment is whether my partner (BA Cabin Crew) and some of my friends (BA Flight Crew) are going to have jobs in a week or two!
I have found WWW's postings worrying in the past but I honestly think that he has our best interests at heart and I would rather have someone moderating who errs on the side of caution than some idiot who encourages me to spend £50K when the qualification is going to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard!
I'm quite lucky in that I'm looking at a modular route and have only just dipped into my funds for training (I was supposed to be spending 3 weeks in the States this month....but I think I'd best wait a bit!!)and as I'm currently working I'm fortunate enough to hang on in there until things settle down a touch. However, I want to continue with the training, albeit at a slightly slower pace and was wondering if getting my FI rating would be useful to get flying hours in while I wait for the situation to improve (but there again, maybe that's what everyone else will be doing so there'll be no FI jobs anyways!). WWW, your opinion please!