PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Jan 2011, 19:06
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Wirbelstrum,
Just so we can be sure that BA were always wanting changes to our agreements and please note, I was in favour of Bassa negotiating some chganges but they were at the time refusing to sit in the same room as Amicus. I have copied for you a post made by Bill Fransis on 9th October 2009 well before the crew reductions were introduced, for you to see because I realise that you, not being cabin crew and not present at any of the meetings, may have got your information a bit mixed up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9th October 2009
You are right I have had a change of heart re future crew, following the feedback from current crew.

The proposal to mix current crew and future crew together would have required significant changes to existing terms and conditions. You saw this in the proposal, examples being the reduction of nights downroute, the reduction in days off on Eurofleet, early day reports and changes to finishing times.

The feedback from crew clearly told me that none of these changes were acceptable to them, and so by changing back to a seperate fleet for any new recruits means that all of these changes can be avoided.

Thanks
Bill
I agree with you that Bassa have made a pigs ear of everything and made everything worse but your statement earlier that-

'new fleet was up for discussion between BASSA and the company and the only detriment to the Cabin Crew was the removal of one member on the aircraft.'
is not correct.