PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Jan 2011, 18:32
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl,

As I recall they were not being as specific about what changes were required.

The requirement was to save a sum of money, in the same way that all other departments were tasked with saving a set sum of money.

Other departments realised just how serious the financial climate was, after checking BAs figures with other sources, and then some of these departments engaged with their members to find out the preferences of the members. All these other departments engaged and negotiated - except one!!!!

I do not doubt that BA have made the 'initial' required savings, but NF is also about recovering the costs incurred by strike action. Why should all the other workers in BA suffer financial loss caused directly by the intransigence of bassa.

Alas, part-time being offered out of order is a direct consequence of bassa continuing their path to destruction. I am sure that I would also feel that it was unfair if I had been passed over for transfer onto a part-time contract, but while bassa continue with their present stance there is no direct contact between BA and the 'collective bargaining group'.

It may not appear the moral course, but I cannot blame BA for 'rewarding' workers who have demonstrated their loyalty over others who have shown such disregard for BA as a whole and their other 'colleagues' across the airline.