PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Jan 2011, 15:44
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

'the only detriment to the Cabin Crew was the removal of one member on the aircraft.'

Wirbelstrum.

I am sorry but that was not all that was required by BA to integrate Mixed Fleet, even way back at the beginning.

Speaking as one who would have liked Bassa and Amicus to negotiate on our behalf at the time, instead of arguing between each other,I still feel I have to correct you because BA always wanted changes to our agreements as well as the crew changes.

You see the problem with everyone having their own take on all of this is that most of you lack the complete facts and tend to simplify a really complicated dispute.

There is NO good side and bad side in this dispute, mistakes have been made on both sides and continue to be made on both sides. Many cabin crew are stuck in the middle, like myself, and are completely powerless to do anything about it. I have left the union and did not strike. That's all I could do but even those that have built up a mistrust of BA and decided to strike, still feel trapped in between two sets of children and helpless to do anything to stop it all.

I understand full well why BA have felt the need to start Mixed Fleet but has it been brought in as promised with market rate plus 10% salaries? NO it has not. Has it been brought in in a non-confrontational way? No. So even people like me who have been loyal to BA are starting to question whether they actually want a settlement!!!!