PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Jan 2011, 14:13
moses30u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggers, you've competely missed my point. I was stating that I find the arguements on this thread a little tedious and you've replied with "he said, she said" arguement, about someone wearing pants! I'd say to you to try and rise above it, but it obviously bothers you.

I had every sympathy towards BA at the start of this strike when they were posting record losses.

However, I now think there's more to this than meets the eye. Look beyond the media coverage and there's some questions I find baffling.

BA have their much sought permanent and structural changes to cabin crew working conditions, with the introduction of a cheap labour resource with minimal employment rights. They appear to be back on the road to profit.

What, I can't get my head round is the continual bashing of cabin crew on here. Having worked off on the oil rigs, I understand the pressures involved with being away from family and believe me, it's no picnic (though the money softened the blow!).

What more do you people and your company want from the cabin crew? I reckon the majority of them are honest, decent and hard working people who take pride in their jobs. They're understandably concerned for their futures.

Protect the current crew from suffering too much future financial loss, big up the new crews hats, move on and enjoy the profits and dividends.